On the 45th day...

 December 14th 2023


Day 45. 


Before we get the day started, I found a nice nod in the movie to sackhead Jason. In what would be a third dream sequence, this happens when Freddy wants to dig a little deeper into Jason's thoughts. We are taken to the day when he drowns, and you see the kids teasing Jason. The kids are harsh to Jason and end up putting a burlap sack on his head. I'm sure this has been seen before by countless others and identified as a nod to Friday the 13th, Part 2, but I noticed something new. As my friend Jason put it, he is amazed after 56 viewings that I can find new things. 56 may be an overall accurate amount of views I have in this cinematic gem. Ha ha!


I was asked why I chose this film for the project. I may have mentioned it before, but growing up, I was terrified of Freddy and Jason, the things that go bump in the night, or my vivid imagination. It took me until I was in my teens to overcome the fear. So, I saw this as a nice nod to my childhood. Confronting those fears of fictional characters as an adult. 


There still is one character that scares the bejesus out of me, and that would be Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise. The other day, I saw he may have been on the price is right and went down the rabbit hole only to scare myself.


Onto the main event of the day.


Party to forget.


This is a scene to forget. Kia, Lori, and Gibb are leaving for the rave, and Gibb mentioned that she is ready to forget. Another pointless scene. Nothing to write home about here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

Day 106

One hundred and nine days of agony!