Diabolical

 Day 315


September 9, 2024


"Diabolical Inheritance" is also known as "The Mexican Chucky."


When I watched the trailer for this movie earlier this year, I initially thought it was a doll movie I had missed. However, upon learning that it was a version of Chucky from another country, I was immediately intrigued and decided to watch it.


Upon watching the film, I immediately noticed the abundance of sexual innuendos throughout. While they serve a purpose, I found them to be a bit excessive at times. Additionally, the film's pacing is quite slow, which may test the patience of some viewers. 


While the film is relatively short, I expected a more intense and engaging storytelling. Our clown version of Chucky doesn't make an appearance until an hour is left the film, which, in my opinion, results in a lack of cohesive story development.


Based on my assessment, it seems that this couple is expecting a baby, and they discovered this doll in a trunk. I suspect it may have originated from someone who was involved in devil worship.


Upon the start of events of the film, it becomes evident that it unfolds in a manner reminiscent of a spiritual remake of Child's Play. I do enjoy that things do not unfold exactly like CP, just seems to me that elements were taken to give it that feel. 


I'm really puzzled about this doll. How could it have been locked in a trunk for so long and then suddenly come alive to cause chaos? Its almost like the doll is jealous of this baby that hasn't been born yet. 


Wow. The doll killed the wife but the baby was saved. 


A Time jump occurred with no notice and that damn clown doll is still around. 


Roy plays with the clown and sees him in human form?!?


Of course, nobody would believe the kid that the doll has feelings and comes to life!


The new mommy is smart and knows that they need to get rid of the doll! 


New mommy is very attractive. 


Don't anger the clown seems to be a theme. 


That twist made the movie better. 


Originally I had this a .5/5 but that twist made it a 1.5/5.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!

Day 100