Day 121

 Day 121


February 28th, 2024


As mentioned yesterday, I discussed how horror movie villains drive their final person to kill. I find it fascinating that we, as fans, pass it off. Does that say something about us as a person? I honestly do not know. 


What I find interesting in liking a final person is the bond the fans create with that person in the film they are watching. You can see yourself in that person or person you want to be. My favorite final person is Ginny, from Friday the 13th, Part 2. Why do I like Ginny? She's intelligent, witty, brave, and doesn't take shit from anyone. Ginny stood up for herself in her battle against Jason. They also come off as a good, wholesome person who was pushed into “killing” Jason. 


The overarching question is why do we not hold the final person to the same standards as the person who drove them to “kill.” It is one of those put yourself in their shoes, and it can be argued that it is self-defense. In a way, it is correct that it would be self-defense because it is either you or them dying. 


The final person, though, is dragged into having no choice but to commit the same acts of murder on the villain of horror movies simply to survive. So, to me, that doesn't make them any better or worse than the horror movie villains. They are taking a life as well, but because it was in self-defense, that is okay. 


These are the things I think about when watching horror movies. What separates the killer from the final person is when we know that the final person has to kill to survive. 


I am also quite aware that this movie has consumed my life for 121 days that I'll never get back. 


If I wrote Freddy vs Jason, Will and Lori would have died, and nobody would have won between Freddy and Jason. No need for survivors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!

Day 100