Day 106

 Day 106


February 13th, 2024


Someday this movie will change. Ah hell, who am I kidding it will not change. After 106 viewings I am surprised that I am not bored with the movie yet. I always find something new or try to view the movie differently. So, I guess changing things up in a way keeps this project going. I know that as this continues, I am bound to lose my mind. But who is to say that I haven't already lost my mind?


Today's viewing was back to the basics. No 2x viewing, and no other thrills as in watching the movie in unusual places. Granted that I enjoy watching the film in unusual places. I feel I have one place to complete those viewings and that would be in the bathroom. Honestly, I do not know if I would ever do that. The less time spent in the bathroom the better. It also would raise questions as to what I am doing. Those would be the hard questions to admit to someone. 


I didn't notice anything different in the viewing. Though my mind does play out a much better film. The movie is not bad, I have seen way worse movies. It just leaves a lot to be desired. That could said for any movie though. It is what it is and this is what we got. 


Beggars cannot be choosers. 


At least we got this movie. It may not be the definitive version the fans wanted. Then again if we got the version that the fans wanted, there would at least be a selected bunch of people who still wouldn't like the film. I feel they wouldn't like the film because they hate horror movies or felt like the movie didn't give Freddy or Jason their dues. Another group of people would complain that the movie was just a fan service film. 


In team-up or crossover movies, you can never win. One group will be like this isn't my character while the other will be like this sucks. Another group will be like it takes both franchises back several years. No middle ground. I feel that is what team-up movies need a middle ground. Take aspects from both films, don't mess with origins, and weave together a comprehensive story that fans will get.


Do I feel that this movie set back Freddy and Jason? 


Yes. 


Freddy was seen as a threat but spent most of the movie bitching and moaning about not being powerful. He had a few wisecracks but imo he was the weaker of the two. This wasn't a Freddy we weren't used to. That seems to kind of prove my theory that Freddy was contained to Westin Hills and he was weak because the easy prey wasn't fun anymore. He wanted to return to glory. 


Jason got to be the Jason we have known and love. He was menacing, a true threat but that is where that ends. They ruined Jason by making you feel sorry for him. Yes, we know he is a pawn of Freddy’s but he is not someone you should feel sorry for. I feel sorry for him because he was bullied and that led to his drowning. But they pulled a fast one on us and made us forget what came after the supposed drowning. 


It also did not help that the town of Springwood never saw Jason as a threat. They were so fixated on Freddy that they forgot and abandoned the true threat. Deputy Stubbs was the only smart one who did his job and look at what happened to him. The Sheriff attempts to shut him up and tells him he doesn't know what he is talking about. The good ole cover-up. Covering up crimes seems to be the only good thing that the Springwood PD can do. 


They also managed to make Jason look like a big dumb oaf. I have mentioned that several times and it is one thing that irks me about the film. Their treatment of Freddy also irked me as well. Freddy was never a bitching person. Never cried over split milk so to speak. But he does in this film and it’s rather annoying. So is his one kill. 


In the end, the film did what it could without giving a 100% fan service film. They attempted to create something new but never explained certain important aspects of the film. It sets back those characters because it is not easy to do team-ups or crossover films. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!