Day 24



November 23rd, 2023.

Day 24 is not the what-if day; it reflects life.

Thanksgiving with Freddy vs Jason.

Happy 136th Birthday to Frankenstein's Monster and The Mummy, Boris Karloff. It also happens to be my niece Ivy's birthday. Today is about reflection while I watch FVJ.

I do wish I had a better relationship with my nieces. I partly blame myself because I expect them to behave when they come to the house and do not. So I lose my cool quickly because I hate hearing the running indoors from the basement. It also doesn't help that they have a predetermined opinion of you courtesy of their mother. But that is another conversation that will not be a thing in this blog.

I'm reflecting on when I lost my cool and got upset. They like to run around the house, and I have framed autographs over the years. With them running around, they fall off the basement walls, and frames break. Granted, they are cheap frames, but to me, their blatant negligence of other people's property upsets me. They seem to be raised with no boundaries, and they do not understand that actions have consequences, good or bad.

Then I think about the day Ivy rolled over my toe with her hoverboard. Granted, she did something funny and said sorry, sir. It's how I reacted, and it sometimes bothers me. I didn't lose my cool, just told her to watch where you are going, dumb ass.

I should not have called her that because it has fractured our relationship. We are slowly gaining ground and letting the past be the past. But if anything, I've learned to watch what you say to a child.

On a positive note, they are more respectful at the house, and my toe was fractured, but I didn't and still don't care. I care about our relationship being fractured.

I have taken the time to show her how to be self-reliant. They don't get that at home because someone made them too dependent on them. She and her sister make a mean grilled cheese because I taught them how to.

Outside of the family issues we have, like every other family has, I do love my nieces more than they are led to believe, and I would do anything to protect them if needed. I wish they knew that I love them and try to be the best uncle I can be.

I want to not solely focus on FVJ; I want to also use this to open up and share aspects of my life with people. Sometimes, I hate being to myself and not trusting people.

Also, I need content for a year.

Scores remain the same in case anyone noticed.

Watch out for Turkeys dropping from the sky today!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!

Day 100