Day 16

 

Mr. Fancy Pants got to Day 16!

November 15, 2023.


Slowly losing it, or was Sean right?


I am either starting to lose it or embracing the film's stupid aspects. Losing it seems plausible because I notice the differences between Robert Englund and his stunt double. I fully believe that Jason Ritter is the "final girl." My dislike for Lori intensifies with each viewing, along with the stupidity of the lead cast. Outside of that, it's not Stockholm syndrome. Speaking of that, we have reached our first topic of the day.


Stockholm syndrome?


I honestly feel that is what the lead characters have for Jason. They are more consumed in feeling sorry for him, not because of his past, but because he is being manipulated by Freddy. I have mentioned this before, but this is one of the asinine things in the script. We will just be afraid of what we can't see, but this big fella poses no threat. Yet, he slaughtered people at the worst rave ever. Turned Teammate's head around in the best death of the film. Then he slices Freeberg in half. Hello!! That is more threatening than someone they haven't encountered in my book.


Jason is the victim to them, and I will never understand that. His backstory is tragic, but it only seems like one person knew and knew that he posed a threat. He killed Trey and Blake, and it was like they forgot about that when Stubbs gave Jason's origin story to them. Remember, he is the victim of the group.


Actions speak louder than words.


Their actions further proved this with what they did. Jason was tranquilized, out cold, not a threat. They could have attempted to kill him at Westin Hills. Did they? Nope. Some idiot had the bright idea of let's tie him up. Another foreshadowing from a previous sequence is when they wanted to tie up Lori as a sacrifice in her dream.


They also could have let Jason die in his dream. Did they? No, some dumb idiot named Will had the bright idea to save him. Sadly, Linderman gave the idea of how to. SMH. She wanted to sacrifice Linderman but remembers this, "Kia, he has asthma." (Freddy Vs Jason, 2003)


Why am I so pissed about this?


They did Jason dirty. Jason was only a victim as a child because he was bullied. He stood zero chances as a child. He couldn't even defend himself. Then he must have been saved, reincarnated from the Book of the Dead, or the power of a sequel. After part 1, Jason was a ruthless killing machine, and then he died; Roy comes into play because he was a lousy father and abandoned Joey, his son. He may have watched over Joey, but he could have been his dad. How Joey died was stupid over a Snickers bar. Then we get zombie Jason, who kills, too, just with no motive.


Jason promotes a straight-edge life.


Drink a beer. He kills you. Smoke weed, he kills you. Show a tit; he kills you. Dance like a moron; you deserved that death, Crispín; you didn't get a pass from Scream Queen, Mark Patton. You managed to top him, back to the thought. Have sex, and he kills you. Jason is the best form of Birth control and living straight edge.


Background Characters

The kids at the school look disgusted at Lori when she explains her dream. It is pretty comical. They don't look scared, look at her like, what is this bitch blabbing on about.


Sprinkles of Straight Edge

At the nurses' office, there are a lot of posters up about being straight-edge and what not to do.


Walking slow.

If Will and Mark are a threat and need to be contained, why walk so damn slow to get to them. We could have gone without the running for their lives sequence with Will and Mark. Mark did provide a laugh. Looking like he shit himself running.



Today's special guest.


We were blessed with a bat flying into the house this evening only to transform into the dapper gentleman from Transylvania. Count Dracula 



He keeps trying to give me a hickey. Sorry, Drac, I am just not that into you!


Do I have a favorite scene/sequence?


My favorite scene is the Freddy wink at the end.

My favorite sequence is when Kia meets Freddy before she goes deep into her insults at him. She mentions you are the one everyone is afraid of, and Freddy takes a bow. That is the most Freddy thing to do.


With that being said, today's winner is Freddy. Freddy visited me as I was micronapping during this watch, and I died in my dream, thus taking me out of the fight. He mentioned the real battle for me is surviving the next 349 days.


Quist 2-2-2 Eliminated

Freddy 5-8-3

Jason 5-8-3

Guest Update.

Well, I didn't expect that. I defeated Dracula with garlic salt. I was trying to cook, and that dork was whispering sweet nothings in my ear; it startled me because I was scared easily. I tossed the Garlic Salt container behind me, and he burnt up. 


Due to the loss of our beloved Roy and the Count, the guest program will be suspended for the foreseeable future. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!

Day 100