Day 11

"If I wake up tomorrow!"


That is my favorite quote from me this year.


Well, I woke up today, and that means we have arrived on 


Day Eleven. November 10th, 2023.


Keeping score


Why am I keeping score? I am simply doing it for amusement. While the movie has no clear-cut winner to the battle, why not pick a winner? The fight never changes; I wish the teens had changed, but that is wishful thinking.


Last night's viewing brought in a revelation, more dirty jokes, and story time with Quist.


I never thought I would admit this, but I am enjoying this.


On with the show!


Vigilante justice.


Why was it okay that the parents killed Freddy? I know what he did was horrible, but the parents are just as bad, if not worse. Someone messed up with search warrants per the lore of Freddy. What he did was not acceptable, and what the parents did was also unacceptable. Instead of trusting the justice system, the parents, imo were like Fuck that, we are ending him tonight.


Honestly, there would have been a good chance that Freddy would have been a repeat offender again. They could have done the job right next to tragedy, so they locked him up. A lot of maybes with this.


I also question how the parents got away with murder. We don't talk about that cover-up from the Springwood PD. They live with the grief and guilt of what they did on that night. Freddy wasn't innocent by any means, and neither were the parents. But we are conditioned to believe that what the parents of Springwood did was justified.


The shitty A Nightmare on Elm Street reboot tried to screw with that logic of whether he is innocent and the parents are the bad ones. I applaud them for trying, but the delivery was poor at the end of the day.


Nothing in Elm Street was justified. The parents are as guilty as much as Freddy was. Again, double standards come into play.


Sheriff Williams is terrified of Freddy! Is he on hypnocil? Is the entire town on hypnocil? Was he one of the townspeople who killed Freddy?


A change that makes no sense!


When did the town of Springwood become Springwood County? That change,, changes part of the backstory of Freddy.

We were told it was a town; 1428 Elm Street was the address. Now it's a county? What is the town's name? Does Freddy stalk the entire county or just good ole Elm Street?


Mean Mugging kids.


Why do the kids in the missing kids' pictures mean mug Lori? She is just creepin' in her dream sequence, slightly spooked over a name.


VFX


The CGI blood drives me crazy. It looks horrible and dated, even by 2003 standards.


Pointless observations.


Blake just wants his space.


How to kill a horror movie? Off-screen deaths!


In the juice scene, Sheriff Williams magically teleports into the scene, not opening the back door and telling Lori's dad that they escaped Westin Hills. What threw me off in that sequence is how Sheriff Williams comes off like, yeah, we will contain this, while Lori's dad is sterner. To me, the yea vibe just showed me how fucked they are and that there is zero hope. I know he is coming from the living room; how he entered the scene is funny. 


Nurse of the year! She can't help you, haha!


Freddy vs. Jason was brought to you by the Coca-Cola Company!


Product placement at its finest.


I love Lori's dad lecturing Will on what he saw and how he is supposed to think and possibly feel. Typical parents.


Again, screaming please wake me up in a dream will not do anything. Scream all you want; nobody is going to hear you. This movie should have put that power in the film. It does exist in Elm Street lore.


The VFX hits keep coming.


What is wrong with stoic green Jason there, and why does it look so damn terrible. It is not paused. It seems like Jason is raging, just like Michael did in Halloween Ends when he got his first kill. In that, the screen does something silly.


Pay attention to Jason's mask. Two things happen near the end of the movie; one is just an editing flaw, and the other is a holy shit moment for me. 


Where did my eye makeup go? I love movie mistakes like this. My favorite is the Batman Returns one, where the mask comes off at the end. Gotta love editing.


There is another reason for the mask focus.


The axe wound returns!! (Insert Picture)


The mask on the same side of the axe wound looked like it merged back together from busting in part 7.


Today brought us our first draw, just like the movie did.


Freddy 4-6-1

Jason 5-5-1


*In a previous entry, I mentioned that Lori had her hand below Freddy's ear in the basement dream sequence. Upon further review, her hand was on his ear. I stand corrected.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!

Day 100