Day 100


Day 100


February 7th, 2024

Is it over?

I will be the first to admit that the first 100 days were tough. It all seems easy on paper but in practice this sucks. I feel like I could have applied myself to something better and something that could improve my overall mental state along with my health. Instead, I do the opposite and strangely I am somewhat okay with that.

Theories... Theories... Theories.

I have written quite a few theories about this movie and to be honest that is what is making the project fun. The movie is pretty much cut and dry but for me to survive I have to look into the film and find some deeper meaning towards certain aspects. Do I honestly feel that some of the crackpot theories I’ve written hold some weight, yes. It is my opinion of things and how I see them and in ways envisioned them and interpreted them. I feel that being able to express them in a medium that I prefer it is allowing me to enjoy what I am doing. Someday I’d like to adventure into a podcast about this because I do have a lot to say about this movie.

Staying strong while this takes a toll on me mentally.

Giving up is easy and only I know if I have given up or missed a viewing. But I will be honest, the streak is at 100 days, 260 some odd days left and I promise I will never watch this movie again. At first, I was going to give myself 10 years without seeing the movie, but I realized that I am watching essentially a lifetime viewing of this. I wish I knew how to get into the Guinness Book of Records for consecutive watches but honestly, that is not a record I want. Too much pressure. I did see that one person watched 777 films in one year theatrically. Maybe, just maybe that will be my next project. It’s not watching the same movie over and over and it does allow repeat viewings. Just no bathroom or snack breaks! Then again if I did that it would be cheating because I do work at a movie theater and I don’t think my job would have the payroll to pay someone on the staff to monitor my activity. I do have a plan for my final watch and if I am still working at the theater I will ask my boss if I could do a showing before we open on Halloween, maybe invite some friends to enjoy this film and celebrate the project ending.

A lot can change between now and then so I try to not plan far ahead. I made it this far and the next hundred days should be easier. The weather will be changing, I can take walks listening to or watching the movie. Spend time outside watching this cinematic gem. We will be near mid-May. I just will count down til July 4th because I am a firm believer that the year speeds up starting on July 5th.

The future.

I need to space out viewings and work on my mental health. This is like an addiction and the only cure is to end the project. I am thankful that it hasn’t stopped me from living day to day. I still work, do other things on the side, and blog about the film. I am looking forward to March and April to begin working on the yard. If I can start adding other tasks and just make sure I get the movie watched at some point we are as the kids say Gucci. Ha! I should have watched House of Gucci for a year. By the time that ended, I would have perfected my Lady Gaga Dracula voice!

Day 100 watch!

As far as the watch for today it was just a simple watch-through. No need to document anything regarding the film. Today is more of a reflection of where we are in this and being proud of myself for getting this far.

Here is to the next 100 days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

One hundred and nine days of agony!