Day 34

Day 34

December 3rd, 2023

I'm sitting at my niece's 1st birthday party, and I decided to go to the sun room at her house and watch the movie. I only know a handful of people here, and I see it as if they want to talk. I'm open to the idea. I'm just not in the mood to be a social butterfly today. I'm also sure that this is far from appropriate.

Three Kruegers'

The details are in the teeth?!?

I know I mentioned this before on day 3, but I have a theory as to why there are three versions of Freddy in the film. With the pointed teeth, Freddy is the dream demon. The Freddy with a better-completed grill needs to be in complete form, Freddy. The typical teeth are Freddy Freddy at full strength.

I know this all sounds silly, but the movie starts with a different Freddy telling us his back story; his teeth are pointy and demon-like. I'll call this the Dream Demon. We get started by getting a brief glimpse of this version of Freddy with the eyes and teeth, but that's not the Freddy we get throughout the movie. The demon version does return in Jason's dreams. We see this version in full demon mode when Lori somehow has the power to jump into other people's dreams. Red-faced, devil looking like a full-on demon.

Why does Lori have this unexplained power? Kristen Parker from A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors has this power in a sense. She can call people into her dreams while Lori can show up all Dream Scenario style like Nicholas Cage and randomly shows in Jason's dream.


As Freddy's fear progresses, we see some changes in his physical appearance. When we see Shadow Freddy, we know that he is close to already being back to complete form. His teeth look like a perfect set of teeth. Why is this even a detail? Did they attempt to depict an old man, Freddy, who evolved throughout the film until he got his first and only kill?

Once he gets that first kill, gone are the demon teeth and perfect set of teeth. Freddy and his whole form is precisely how he was in Dream Warriors. Yes, the dream demon does return, as mentioned above, but that is not the final form of Freddy.

The final form is more menacing and honestly disgusting for what he did to Lori, which never got mentioned but heavily implied. He is the embodiment of evil. Being the demon Freddy is nothing compared to what Freddy is. A child killer/molester. But we forget about that and have idolized him in pop culture thanks to the MTV generation.

I know this is a silly theory, but these are the things I've noticed. I never once said this was going to be a serious project. Imagine if it was….

I feel I need to deep dive into why they chose Dream Warriors as an inspiration.

Today's fun facts

You see Pamela's head on a stick.

When Jason goes home in his second dream, you hear a doorbell sound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 51

Day 106

One hundred and nine days of agony!